One of the hardest things a pet owner can experience is seeing theirs in pain. It can be tough going through countless websites with conflicting information while trying to figure out what’s ailing your pet. Information regarding pet care, treatments and symptoms should be straightforward and fully detailed. Luckily, our website is strictly overseen by our veterinary team, so you can count on what you’re reading.
Why Some Sites Can’t be Trusted
Unfortunately, it’s very easy to upload information about animals, their illnesses and how to cure them. Many websites are not run by professionals and can easily base their research on opinions with no professional background, potentially causing more problems for your pet’s welfare.
Here are a few things to look out for:
- Blogs and articles with grammar errors.
- Blogs and articles that focus more on pushing commercial brands rather than providing information.
- Pieces written by inexperienced writers.
- Non-cited information and outdated articles.
- Overly optimistic material or promises of cures to your pet’s illnesses or ailments.
No website is looking to purposely hurt your pet, but misinformation can be harmful. If something seems misleading, then find a more reputable source for information.
Websites to Trust
Here are a few things to look out for that all point to websites with reliable and trustworthy information:
- Government-run, pet hospital-run or animal foundation websites.
- Veterinary scientific journals or databases.
- Blogs and articles written by veterinarians or other trained professionals.
We’re Here to Help
Online information can be helpful in finding a cause for your pet’s ailments, but it’s very important to do your own research about what is trustworthy and what isn’t. Our pet hospital takes online information very seriously. We want nothing more than for you to be confident and content in your online researching. Our pet hospital is located in Pharr, which is conveniently located near McAllen. Reach out to us if you need help with your pet’s needs today!