Every January, pet owners make healthy resolutions, but what about making them for their pets? A pet resolution could include taking more walks, improving behaviors, or prolonging life longevity. Whether you have a cat, dog, bird, or small pet, our veterinarians can help! Read about three ways to improve a pet’s life in 2022 with the help of our pet doctors.
Care for Your Cat
While providing food and toys for your feline is a good habit, you can do more to give your cat a fulfilling life. We suggest:
- Brush your cat’s teeth regularly.
- Get a heartworm checkup annually.
- Discuss your cat’s nutrition with a veterinarian.
- Groom your cat often to check for fleas and ticks.
- Save emergency vet phone numbers and take full-body photos of your cat.
- Prepare emergency evacuation supplies and include food, can opener, medications, cat treats, leash, and identification tags.
Improve Your Dogs Mind and Body
Every stage of your dog’s life, from puppies to senior dogs, requires specific care. Puppies should get their vaccinations, and mature dogs should also receive an annual checkup. You can also extend your dog’s longevity by:
- Ensuring your dog exercises regularly.
- Providing a nutritionally complete diet appropriate for your dog’s stage of life.
- Acting fast and calling our animal clinic when your dog seems sick.
Get Your Small Pet Checked Regularly
We can check medical and health issues for small pets such as hamsters, rabbits, gerbils, guinea pigs, and birds! Still, there are some steps you can take to make your small pet comfortable at home.
- Their homes have enough ventilation.
- They are given time to explore their surroundings.
- Only eat the fruits and vegetables allowed in their diet.
- Your small pets receive enough bedding daily for comfort and foraging.
Contact our Veterinarians Today!
If you have questions or concerns about your pet’s health or nutritional needs, call (956) 787-2709.